Auto Paint Specialty traces its heritage to June of 1959 when George and Gwen Gemeroy opened the business in a small Seattle storefront. Through the 1960’s and early 70’s, they worked diligently to develop a reputation for professional, reliable service to local dealerships and independent collision centers.
In the mid 70’s, sons Dan and Brian joined the business, allowing for an increase in sales and services. With increased demand to supply growing markets, Auto Paint Specialty expanded paint lines, diversified into shop equipment and spray booth sales, and began to service the aircraft, fleet, industrial, and specialty coating industries.
Today, Auto Paint Specialty’s third generation serves paint professionals in a variety of markets from multiple locations. As a member of PPG’s Platinum Distribution Network, we are part of an elite corps of distributors, creating strong partnerships to keep customers informed on the latest technology and production methods. Auto Paint Specialty is the largest locally owned Platinum Distributor in the Pacific Northwest, serving Washington and Alaska. Our company commitment to the employment of the best people, technology, and resources available, allows us to be recognized as Washington’s expert in the sale and service of paint coatings products and equipment